Join POST for the first ever virtual ICI Detective Symposium
May 11-13, 2021
The ICI Detective Symposium provides a rare opportunity for detectives and other investigators from throughout the state to receive training that will assist them in their critical role of conducting criminal investigations in their communities. The purpose of the symposium is to provide a glimpse of emerging trends in law enforcement and enhance the attendees’ knowledge of investigative strategies, techniques, and resources, while encouraging networking.
Topics to be covered during this 3-day virtual symposium include:
- A keynote speech from Ed Smart (Elizabeth Smart’s father) on dealing with the victim’s family
- A workshop on Genealogy
- A workshop on Undercover Perkins Operations
- and much more
- There is no cost to attend the virtual symposium.
- Detectives/investigators who conduct criminal investigations and are employed by a POST-certified law enforcement agency are encouraged to register to attend. Conversely, the symposium is not intended for patrol officers and dispatchers.
- The event is limited to 1,500 attendees.
To register for the virtual symposium, select 1 ticket and click register.
Receive up to 13 Continuing Professional Training (CPT) POST hours for the symposium. Per POST Regulation 1052(e) regarding webinars and attendance monitoring requirements, you must have access to a computer and/or device with a working camera and microphone. One and two CPT hours will be credited for each keynote speech and workshop attended, respectively.