CPE Course Submission
NOTE: If you would like to add a POST-approved CPE course to your personal profile, you will need to login and edit your existing profile.
This page is for requesting a review of continuing professional education (CPE) courses that are not currently on the POST-approved CPE list. Approval of CPE courses will be based on course quality and relevance [Commission Regulation 1955(b)(1)]. Courses recognized and accepted by the California Board of Psychology for continuing education credit meet the quality requirement. The quality of courses presented by other bona fide training providers will be considered on a case by case basis.
All submitted courses must be directly relevant to peace officer screening and provide instruction and training in at least one of the eight POST Peace Officer Psychological Evaluator Competencies (see Chapter 3 of the POST Peace Officer Psychological Screening Manual). Courses not meeting these criteria will not be approved.
- Before submitting a course for approval, verify that it is not already included on the list of approved CPE Courses.
- To submit a course for approval, all required course information must be complete. Incomplete forms will not be reviewed.
- For multi-day courses, only include the last date of the course.
- If there is more than one instructor, names should be separated by commas.
- For multi-format courses, select "other" for the method of instruction; use "various" for the format.
- When submitting a course for approval, you must provide your contact information (name/email). This information is used for verification purposes only and will remain confidential.
- POST will evaluate the submitted course information within 15 working days.
- If your course is approved, it will appear on the list of approved CPE Courses.
- If your course is not approved, you will be notified via email.
Questions can be addressed to the Standards, Evaluation, and Research Bureau at (916) 227-4258.