Grant Opportunities for Law Enforcement
California law enforcement agencies strive to continually improve public safety programs, but unfortunately budget restrictions can limit those endeavors.
POST recognizes this challenge and has provided the following information to assist potential funding for projects. Listed are a few of many grants available for law enforcement to support existing programs, financially assist the creation of a new program, or to supply much needed equipment.
The links below are to external websites owned and operated by third parties. POST does not endorse or recommend any external sites.
POST has no control over the contents of third party websites, and POST accepts no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from use of them. Neither the State of California, California POST, nor their employees, nor the agencies listed on this webpage make any warranty, expressed or implied, or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the contents of this page. View POST Website Terms and Conditions.
- Alcoholic Beverage Control, State of California Department of
- Bureau of Justice Assistance, U.S. Department of Justice
- California Office of Traffic Safety
- Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS), U.S. Department of Justice
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Federal Grants
- First Responder
- Grants, U.S. Department of Justice
- Homeland Security, U.S. Department of Justice
- National Institute of Justice
- National Criminal Justice Reference Service
- Sex Offender, Sentencing, Monitoring, Apprehending, Registering, and Tracking (SMART), U.S. Department of Justice
- Target Community and Store Safety
Small Agency Resources
Tools and Assistance