Changing Attitudes... Improving Training... Increasing Accountability... Mobilizing Leadership...
Did You Know? 10-97 Video on Vehicle Speed is Now Available
May 30, 2012
The new “Did You Know? 10-97” video on vehicle speed is now available on the SAFE Driving Campaign video webpage.
This brief but powerful video is a must see for all law enforcement!
- Unsafe speed is the leading cause of law enforcement fatal and injury collisions.
- The faster a vehicle is driven, the more likely the driver is to lose control.
- Almost one half of fatal peace officer collisions are single-vehicle.
- Almost one half of fatal peace officer collisions are with a fixed object such as a guardrail, power pole, or tree.
- The majority of vehicle-related officer fatalities occur while en-route to a call for service, where driving at a high rate of speed may not be necessary.
Don’t forget to view the “Did You Know? Choices” video on seatbelt safety. Released last October, this video has been nominated for an “Emmy.” The National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, Pacific Southwest Chapter, has nominated “Did You Know? Choices” in the category for Commercial-Single Spot, Series or Campaign. “Did You Know? Choices” is also available on the SAFE Driving Campaign video webpage.
Stay tuned for future “Did You Know?” videos on the topics of fatigue, distraction, and nighttime driving.
Wear your seatbelt, watch your speed, and practice SAFE driving!
The SAFE Driving Campaign is a POST initiative focused on reducing fatal and serious injury law enforcement traffic collisions nationwide. For further information regarding the SAFE Driving Campaign, visit the SAFE Driving Campaign on the POST Website or contact:
Robert "R.C." Smith, POST Senior Consultant
Training Program Services Bureau