POST Training Videos
California POST provides in-service and specialized training videos to law enforcement agencies in the California POST program. POST training videos are designed to assist law enforcement training managers and instructors in meeting specific training needs or legislative mandates for their agency. Videos are divided into short, roll-call length sections and most are eligible for two hours of Continuing Professional Training (CPT) credit.
POST agencies have immediate access to the POST training video collection at the Learning Portal. View a list of all Video Programs Now Streaming Online (pdf).
Updated program information is available with the POST Training Videos FAQs.
All CPT-eligible POST training videos are listed in the POST Multimedia Course Catalog or POST Training Video Program Guides. Only training managers or supervisors employed by government law enforcement agencies are eligible to order POST DVD videos by mail. Videos are for law enforcement training use only.
California Law Enforcement Agencies
POST training video programs are available free of charge online at the POST Learning Portal (streaming) or on DVD format to law enforcement agencies and Basic Training Academies in the California POST program. Orders for DVD copies of videos (2020 or older) must be placed by the training manager or other training supervisor working in the training department at the law enforcement agency or academy. All DVD video orders must be placed using the Training Video Program Order form (pdf). DVD quantities may be limited and restrictions may apply to some video titles. Use of POST videos are subject to additional terms and conditions.
Non-California/Non-POST Law Enforcement Agencies
All non-California POST law enforcement agencies are charged a $99 per video fee for DVD copies of training video programs. The $99 cost includes all taxes and shipping charges. Orders for DVD videos must be placed by the training manager or other training supervisor working in the training department at the law enforcement agency or government law enforcement training institution. To place a video order:
- Browse the POST Multimedia Course Catalog or POST Training Video Program Guides and locate the DVD video title(s) you wish to order.
- Complete the Training Video Program Order form (pdf) and email, fax, or mail your order to the addresses shown at the top of the order form. Allow 5-7 business days for delivery of DVD videos. Invoices for payment will be included with your video shipment. Video quantities may be limited and restrictions may apply to some video titles. Use of POST videos are subject to additional terms and conditions.
Video Program Guides
POST training videos feature a companion Program Guide. This single-page PDF document provides the presenter with a brief summary of the program and shows the video menu and segment contents. Notations about the release date, ID number, CPT credit, viewing options, and other important program information are also included.
View all Training Video Program Guides
CPT Credit for POST Training Videos
Most POST training videos are eligible for two hours of Continuing Professional Training (CPT) credit. Contact the POST Training Delivery and Compliance Bureau at (916) 227-4863 for more information about CPT credit, course rosters, and using the POST EDI system.
- Before using a DVD-based training video, always check the POST Course Catalog and/or EDI to ensure that the training video is still listed and certified for training use.
- Presenters should document all POST training video completions via POST Course Rosters within the POST EDI system. NOTE: Training videos viewed online at the Learning Portal do not automatically receive CPT credit and a POST Course Roster must be submitted separately (same procedure as DVD viewing). View Instructions for Training Video Course Rosters (pdf).
- POST training video DVDs are copy-protected and cannot be duplicated; additional DVDs may be ordered via the Training Video Program Order form (pdf). Training videos streaming online at the POST Learning Portal are accessible for viewing 24/7 but cannot be downloaded.
Legal Notices and Copyright Information
POST Training Videos are a service of the State of California, Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST).
The opinions expressed in POST video programs reflect the views and interpretations of the individual subject matter experts featured, and information contained in POST programs may not apply to your agency or training institution. Check consistency with local laws and departmental policies and procedures before using POST videos for training or informational purposes. Neither the Commission on POST nor the contributing producers of POST programs assume responsibility for their use.
POST video program materials are intended for use by authorized law enforcement agencies only. Any recording, reproduction, redistribution or rebroadcast, in whole or in part, without the expressed written consent of the California Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training, is prohibited.
Commercial use of POST video programs is prohibited.
View Additional Terms and Conditions for use of POST materials and the POST Website.