This self-study course will require the individual to read and be familiar with the POST Peace Officer Psychological Screening Manual. The Manual provides guidance on all phases and aspects of the psychological evaluation process from the selection and training of screening psychologists, to procedures for reaching a suitability determination and beyond.
• Exam Items: 50
• Passpoint: 80% (min 40 correct)
• Approx Exam Time: There is no limit on the amount of time given for the exam, however, once logged in you must complete it in one sitting. Average exam time has been approximately 2.5 hours.
• Cost: $75
Before ordering, verify that you are on the POST Psychological Evaluators List. If not, you will need to create a profile, before you will be given access to the exam.
To order the exam:
• Click on the "website" link above to download a .pdf of the subscription request form
• Complete the form
• Mail the form and a $75 check or money order to POST. No electronic payment methods available at this time.
• Order requests will be processed within 5 business days of receipt of payment
• You will be sent an email with instructions on how to access the exam
POST is approved by the California Psychological Association to provide continuing professional education for psychologists. POST maintains responsibility for this program and its content.