Information about training resources that POST provides for California Law Enforcement.
- Certificates — Manage your POST Certificates.
- PASS Account — Manage your PASS account, manage your subscriptions, and update your address of record.* (*officer's only)
- POST ID — Look up your POST ID online instantly.
- POST Profile — Download your POST Profile online instantly.
- Training Status — Check your current compliance cycle status for CPT / Perishable Skills.
Find Rank and/or Assignment Training
- Training and resources — Find training specific to your rank and/or assignment during your law enforcement career - Peace Officers, Dispatchers, Basic Course Presenters and Instructors, Management/Executive, Training Managers, and POST-Certified Presenters.
Find Training Opportunities and Resources
- Course Catalog — Find POST-certified training courses throughout California.
- Learning Portal — Learn new skills and support your professional development.
- Backfill Courses — Courses that qualify to be given a reimbursable allowance for an agency’s expense of paying salary at the overtime rate to a peace officer employee who replaces another peace officer employee for his/her attendance of a selected POST-certified training course.
- Training Videos — POST delivers high-quality, in-service and specialized training videos to law enforcement agencies in the California POST program. POST training videos are designed to assist law enforcement training managers and instructors in meeting specific training needs or legislative mandates for their agency.
POST Publications and Guidelines
- Publications and Guidelines — POST produces a wide variety of publications designed to enhance the professionalism of California law enforcement. All publications are researched and developed by work groups comprised of POST staff and subject matter resource staff.
- Basic Course — The Regular Basic Course (basic academy) is the training standard for police officers, deputy sheriffs, school district police officers, district attorney investigators, as well as a few other classifications of peace officers.
- Basic Training Academies — Academies throughout California present POST-certified basic law enforcement training.
Law Enforcement Agencies and Associations
Mental Health and Crisis Intervention Training in Law Enforcement