New Agency Entry into POST Program
Participating in the POST Program is voluntary and there is no cost to join. To be eligible for participation in the POST Program (Regulation 1010), a department shall agree to comply with and continue to adhere to minimum selection and training standards and all Commission Regulations, which may include:
- 24 hours of POST certified Continuous Professional Training every 24 months
- All peace officers appointed to the position of Sergeant must complete the POST Supervisory Course within one year of the appointment
- All peace officers appointed to the position of Lieutenant must complete the POST Management Course within one year of the appointment
Additional services and benefits include:
- Job-related assessment tools
- Management counseling services
- Development of new training courses
- Reimbursement for training (if eligible)
- Quality leadership training programs
Each participating agency will be assigned a regional consultant who will be able to assist with any issues pertaining to the selection and training of peace officers, reserve officers, or dispatch personnel. Participation requires that the department/dispatch center allows POST to make inquiries and inspect personnel records to verify that the department/dispatch center is adhering to POST regulations. These inquiries and inspections will be conducted by the assigned regional consultant.
Not all participating agencies eligible to join the POST Program are necessarily eligible to receive reimbursement for training. To request more information about eligibility and additional benefits, email Melanie Dunn in the Training Delivery and Compliance Bureau.
If your agency would like to join the POST Program, complete the New Agency Entry Request Form.