Please click on the headings below to view the forms of interest. To obtain a form not listed below, please send an email to our WebRequest@post.ca.gov.
Privacy Notice - Information Collection, Use, and Access
- Background / Hiring
- Voluntary Surrender
- Request for Review of Peace Officer Certification
- Course Certification and Presentation
- Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) System Access Applications
- Law Enforcement Agency Complaint
- Learning Portal Administrator Requests
- Notice of Appointments and Separations
- Mark 43 Access Application
- POST Profile Request
- Peace Officer Requests for Personal Records Related to Misconduct
- Basic Course Waiver
- State of California
Background / Hiring
The forms provided below may be used in conjunction with the selection requirements specified in Commission Regulations.
Agencies may request "unprotected" versions of these forms for agency-specific use only. Requests for unprotected versions of the forms, as well as administrative questions about the forms, should be directed to WebRequest@post.ca.gov.
Substantive questions about Background / Hiring forms should be directed to Melani Singley of the Strategic Communications and Research Bureau at (916) 227-4258. Questions specific to the Verification of Qualification for Peace Officer Appointment (POST 2-355) form should be directed to Andrew Mendonsa of the Professional Conduct Bureau at (916) 227-2510.
Tabbed Dividers for Organizing Background Reports
POST no longer provides background tabs to agencies/organizations for use in background files. However, POST highly recommends that background investigators continue using tabs to ensure completeness of the files as well as to assist POST personnel during audit inspections.
Tabs may be downloaded and printed or agencies/organizations may order tabs in black and white at a discounted price and have them shipped directly from the FedEx Doc Store.
POST forms have been developed for law enforcement agencies to consider as part of the peace officer and public safety dispatcher selection processes. To ensure that the forms meet the requirements of all local, state and federal laws, rules and regulations, and because laws, rules and regulations are regularly changed and amended, agencies should ensure that their own legal counsel review and approve the forms prior to use.
POST has developed several sample forms to help facilitate the background investigation and psychological screening processes. These forms are not official POST forms nor are they endorsed and/or recommended by POST. As such, departments should work in close consultation with their legal counsel and/or human resources/personnel departments to ensure that the forms meet local, state and federal laws, rules, regulations and policies.
It is the joint responsibility of the employing department and the employee (peace officers, reserve officers, dispatchers, and record supervisors) to apply for the award of a POST professional certificate.
For information on certificate requirements for all categories, please see Regulation 1011.
As of February 1, 2018, POST will no longer be accepting certificate requests in paper form.
Pursuant to Penal Code section 13510.8(f), any peace officer may voluntarily surrender their certification at any time and for any reason. Voluntary surrender of certification is permanent and shall have the same effect as revocation. A permanently surrendered certification cannot be reactivated. To voluntarily surrender their certification, peace officers must submit a completed Voluntary Surrender of Peace Officer Certification, POST Form 2-358 (03/2023) along with all certificates issued by POST (if the certificate was awarded prior to July 1, 2021) to the Certification Bureau at the address listed on the form.
Request for Review of Peace Officer Certification
Upon notification the division has found reasonable grounds for suspension or revocation, the peace officer may file a request for review by the board and Commission, using the Request for Review of Peace Officer Certification, POST Form 2-359 (03/2023). The request for review must be received or postmarked within 30 calendar days of the latest date of mailing of the notice of intent to revoke. Forms must be submitted to the Peace Officer Standards Accountability Division at the address listed on the form.
Course Certification and Presentation
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) System Access Applications
Employees of POST participating departments or presenter training entities desiring access to POST's secure system for POST transactions and reports, may apply for access by completing the appropriate Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) access application.
The Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) system allows POST-participating agencies and course presenters to submit and process information to POST via a secure website. The system also provides users with immediate access to various reports. Three functions are currently available through EDI:
* Electronic Data Interchange Access Application: Please complete an Electronic Data Interchange Access Application for each person requesting access to EDI. Signatures of the applicant and the agency’s chief or Sgt. and above are required on the application.
* Electronic Data Interchange Presenter Access Application: Please complete an Electronic Data Interchange Presenter Access Application for each person requesting access to EDI. Signatures of the applicant and the agency’s executive or supervisor are required.
* Correction to Record: Agencies may submit corrections to EDI provides by completing the Correction to Record form and emailing directly to EDI@post.ca.gov.
* Sherman Block Supervisory Leadership Institute (SBSLI): The SBSLI function within the EDI system allows agencies to pre-check potential candidates for SBSLI eligibility and to submit SBSLI applications online to EDI@post.ca.gov during the open application period. Signatures of the applicant and the agency's chief executive or his/her authorized designee are required on the application.
* Course Certification Access (includes Presenter Course Reports): Through EDI, POST presenters may now complete and submit course certification packages online. The Presenter Course Reports (information about courses offered, status of rosters and presentation dates and locations) are included in this access.
* Notice Of Appointment/Termination (NOAT): Agencies may submit notices of appointment and termination transactions and generate agency reports through the EDI system. Using the EDI system eliminates the need to mail hardcopy forms to POST. Please complete an Electronic Data Interchange Access Application (doc) for each person requesting access to the system. Signatures of the applicant and the agency's chief executive or his/her authorized designee are required on the application.
Law Enforcement Agency Complaints
POST shall accept complaints against a California peace officer from members of the public. Complaints received from the public will be forwarded to the employing agency for investigation and disposition.
Learning Portal Administrator Request
Notice of Appointment / Separation
POST participating departments are required by Regulation 1003 to notify POST of employment transactions of their department involving peace officers, reserve peace officers, dispatchers, and records supervisors. The Notice of Appointment/Termination, POST 2-114 was deactivated on January 1, 2023. Employment transactions shall be completed using the Electronic Data Interchange (EDI). An Attestation of Peace Officer Eligibility, POST 2-356 shall be submitted via EDI when appointing a new peace officer and an Affidavit of Separation, POST 2-357 shall be uploaded upon a peace officer’s separation from employment. Regulation 1003(a)(1) also allows for corrections to be made to records. Please use the Correction to the Record Form, 2-362.
Mark 43 Access Application
POST Profile Request
Download a copy of your POST Profile online.
The form provided below may also be printed, completed and mailed to POST by an individual making a request for a POST record (individual certificate, employment, and training history). For more information regarding your POST Profile, please see the Profile FAQs section.
Peace Officer Requests for Personal Records Related to Misconduct
Pursuant to Penal Code section 13510.9(e) peace officers who are subject to an investigation related to an allegation of serious misconduct, are entitled to submit a request to POST for information related to said allegation(s). The form below must be submitted to POST via NextRequest using “Peace Officer Request for Personal Records” from the drop down menu.
Forms provided in this section may be used in conjunction with various training programs, including training reimbursement. Additionally there are forms for requesting a waiver of basic training and a form for requesting a waiver of the Management Course prerequisite.
Basic Course Waiver
State of California Forms
STD. 204 Payee Data Record (pdf)
*Section 6: Submit form to POST
Commission on POST
860 Stillwater Road, Suite 100
West Sacramento, CA 95605
Completing a form
To open a form, just click on the form title.
Here are some helpful tips for moving through fields:
- Tab: moves cursor to next field to end an entry
- Shift + Tab: moves cursor to previous field
- Space bar or mouse click: fills in or clears a check-box
- Copy/paste: If the form requires paragraph text, you may want to copy a large block of text from other software and paste it into the appropriate field.
- To save: If the form can be saved, use the Save As command to save it to your local drive.
If the form cannot be saved and you need to start over, simply reopen the form.
- To print: Use the menu print command or print icon.
Submitting a form
Forms must be submitted through the US Mail when specifically stated on the form. We recommend that you carefully proof your forms prior to sending. After obtaining any required signatures and/or attachments, send your complete package (please do not include separate instruction pages) to:
Commission on POST
860 Stillwater Road, Suite 100
West Sacramento, CA 95605
* Please read the instructions carefully, not all forms will be submitted to POST.
POST is currently updating our forms to make them completely fillable online and more user friendly. When you select a form, the following formats indicate how the form can be accessed.
- pdf view: The form can be viewed and printed for manual entry using Adobe Acrobat.
- pdf fill: The form can be filled in and printed using Adobe Acrobat
- doc: The form can be filled in, saved, and printed using Microsoft Word.