ICI Core Course
The Robert Presley Institute of Criminal Investigation (ICI) Core Course is the prerequisite for all subsequent ICI Foundation Specialty Courses within this program. The core course is designed to enhance the effectiveness of the individual criminal investigators skills in performing the multi-disciplined, multi-leveled tasks necessary to successfully conduct comprehensive criminal investigations. Instruction in this course is provided through a coordinated, experience-based adult learning approach which addresses crime scene management, interviewing and interrogation skills, search and seizure issues, search warrant preparation, surveillance techniques, case reporting, informant management, media relations, case reporting and courtroom testimony. Students will engage in practical application exercises throughout this course and be required to satisfactorily complete case work and a search warrant.
At the conclusion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Manage and reconstruct a crime scene
- Organize and employ the skills involved in case management
- Demonstrate the ability to work with victims and witnesses through the effective application of interviewing and interrogation techniques
- Identify and access useful sources of information
- Validate their work through documentation and case presentation
Number of Hours: 80
This course has a prerequisite that must be completed before class starts. You must complete the online Search Warrant Fundamentals course on the POST Learning Portal. Bring your certificate of completion on the first day of class. View Course Dates and Presenters.