Information about training resources that POST provides for California Law Enforcement.
- 80-Hour Cap — Courses exempt from the cap on reimbursement.
- Backfill Courses — Courses that qualify to be given a reimbursable allowance for an agency’s expense of paying salary at the overtime rate to a peace officer employee who replaces another peace officer employee for his/her attendance of a selected POST-certified training course.
- Basic Course — The Regular Basic Course (basic academy) is the training standard for police officers, deputy sheriffs, school district police officers, district attorney investigators, as well as a few other classifications of peace officers.
- Basic Training Academies — Academies throughout California present POST-certified basic law enforcement training.
Find Training Opportunities
- Course Catalog — Find POST-certified training courses throughout California.
- Learning Portal — Learn new skills and support your professional development.
Training requirements and training resources for Police Officers, Deputies, Investigators, Detectives, and Supervisors. Information on the Field Training / Police Training programs as well as the Reserve Peace Officer program (RPOP).
Find frequently asked questions on how to become a dispatcher or information on the Public Safety Dispatcher Certificate, Basic Course, or Selection Standards. Locate upcoming Dispatch courses or use the Dispatch Center on the Learning Portal.
Instructors / Presenters
The Academy Instructor Certificate Program (AICP), Instructor Development Institute (IDI), Instructor Resume Builder (IRB), Proposed TTS and more.
Find training requirements, resources, and value added services offered by POST for Managers and Executives.
Information and resources available for Training Managers, including a list of POST Regional Training Consultants.