Job Opportunities at POST
POST is a small, friendly, family-oriented state agency. Its highly committed and diverse staff includes consultants with prior law enforcement background, and professional, technical, and administrative support. POST offers excellent employee benefits, flexible working hours, and the advantages of:
- Located in West Sacramento
- Easy freeway access
- Free Parking
- Professional growth and development
- Career advancement
Upcoming Anticipated Vacancies
With the implementation of SB 2, POST is anticipated to have multiple career opportunities available. Job opportunities and classifications include but are not limited to:
- Assistant Executive Director, CEA
- Associate Governmental Program Analyst
- Attorney I, III, and IV
- Deputy Director, Career Executive Assignment (CEA)
- Information Technology Associate
- Information Technology Specialist
- Law Enforcement Consultant I and II
- Senior Law Enforcement Consultant (Bureau Chief)
- Staff Services Analyst (General)
- Staff Services Manager I, II and III
Check back regularly for vacancies to be advertised or subscribe to our POST employment opportunities newsletter to be alerted as soon as they become available.
Departmental Promotional Exams
No examinations are being offered at this time.
- If interested, please submit a State Application (STD 678) which can be electronically accessed through the California State Jobs Website. Applications must be received by the POST Human Resources Office no later than the final filing date. Please do not forget to clearly indicate which position you are applying for on the front of the application form.
- To learn more about state employment, including examinations, transfers, reinstatements, and more, visit the California Department of Human Resources.